I read a blog about a Strawberry Spinach Salad and had to share my favorite recipe.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/3 C sugar
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1/4 C sliced natural almonds, toasted
8 oz. (1 1/2 C) strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/2 medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
1/4 small red onion, sliced into thing wedges (1/4 C)
1 pkg. (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
1. For dressing, zest lemon using Zester/Scorer to measure 1/2 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 Tbsp. juice. Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in Measure, Mix, & Pour. Blend; Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. For salad, spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan. Bake 10-12 min. or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool almonds in bar pan.
3. Meanwhile hull strawberries using Core & More; cut strawberries into quarters.
4. Score cucumber using Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer. Using the Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shape blade, slice cucumber; cut slices in half. Slice onion into thin wedges.
5. Place spinach in Bamboo Bowl ; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Stir dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat using Bamboo Salad Tongs. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Yield: 10 servings
LOW FAT Nutrients per serving (1 cup): Calories 70, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, protein 1 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber 1 g
I like to use the Egg Slicer Plus to slice the strawberries instead of just quarter them.
You can sprinkle some brown sugar over the almonds to give them texture and a sweet taste. You can also put the almonds and Small Bar Pan in microwave for about 3min. to toast.
For thinner onion slices use the Ultimate Mandoline with the adjustable slicing blade.
We also carry Large Square Bowl or Dots Large Round Bowl, which are GREAT for salads too!